Research topics and activities
There are two main types of activities in CIPB:
- organizing, managing and conducting researches in applying mathematics and computer science in life sciences and agriculture, and
- providing scientific, professional and infrastructural support to researchers from life sciences and agriculture for all activities that include developing and using mathematics, computer science and similar disciplines.
All research activities in CIPB fall into one of following topics:
- digitalization of knowledge;
- human language technologies;
- data mining;
- spatial data processing;
- mathematical modelling of systems and processes.
Additionally, CIPB is involved in promoting, coordinating and supporting interdisciplinary researches and activities in bioinformatics and data mining in biological and biotechnological sciences, through different workshops, seminars, courses and similar activities.
CIPB members are interested in analyzing data given in any format: textual, numerical or multimedia, which is why the aforementioned activities should be regarded only as an example of the Center's activities, and not as a limiting factor. The Center's researchers are open to scientific challenges, so any kind of cooperation in the domain of information technologies and their applications is possible.